Thursday, March 5, 2009

Laurel & Hardy's Culver City


Below is an incredible video of pop culture historian Piet Schreuders recreating the area of Los Angeles known as Culver City through the world of Laurel & Hardy during the 1920s. This video has been around for a while now but if you haven't checked it out yet it is certainly worth viewing. Schreuders creates a computer model of Culver City so we can see how the area looked in the 1920s. Mixed in the video are scenes from Laurel & Hardy films for comparison.

Note: If you saw my earlier post on the Culver Hotel you will recognize this building in the video.

6 comments:

Raquel Stecher said...

Excellent! Thanks for sharing. I forwarded it to my friend who is a L&H fan.

Robby Cress said...

Culver City is such a great neighborhood. It really is quite fascinating to see it through the world of Laurel & Hardy :) Thanks Raquelle.

Lolita of the Classics said...

Fascinating!

Sarah Mann said...

Awesome! I loved the vid.
I've given you the Premio Dardos award, so check out my blog for details!

Lolita of the Classics said...

Dear Robby Cress!
I've given you the Premio Dardo's Award. Read more about it, and the motivation for you to have it, on my blog:

http://lolitasclassics.blogspot.com/2009/03/premio-dardos-award-again.html

Bill said...

Love Laurel & Hardy. Thanks for the post I don't think I would have seen this video otherwise.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails